AgriBus-NAVI is a GPS guidance system to mount on agricultural machinery such as tractors, combines and self-propelled sprayers to help with straight line tasks in the field. Checking the display while driving will enable the creation of straight and evenly spaced lines in large fields. (Please note that this app does not offer automatic steering functionality).
This app is based on a software "Agricultural Vehicle Navigation Software for Field Operation" and a patent "JP-457241
7-B2" developed by National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO).
I. App Functionality
This app displays information to assist with straight line tasks (e.g. the difference between your current position and the base line).
II. Requirements for Use
1) Compatible Devices Compatible with Android 4.0.3 and above smartphones and tablets.
2) Download and Installation Please download and install from Google Play.
3) Cost This app is available as a free, ad-supported download. Use is also free of charge. (Please note that if you click on an ad in the guidance screen you will be directed away from the screen). We are also providing an ad-free subscription (about $60/year = $5/month), and a version with field and task management functionality are planned for release in near future.
III. Demo Display Mode
This app has a demo display mode (Playback Recorded Task). In this mode, recorded location data is played back, with all other functionality (map zoom in/out, path/task width setting) the same as you would experience in normal use.
IV. Required Peripherals When Using App in Agrigultural Tasks
1) GPS/GNSS The app can operate using the inbuilt GPS of your smartphone or tablet but location accuracy is quite low and as such use will be limited. It is strongly recommended that you use an external GNSS/GPS via Bluetooth / USB connection. This app supports NMEA 0183 messages (GxGGA, GxVTG, GxRMC, HEROT, HEHDT). For known GPS/GNSS compatibility please refer to a list below. The range of compatible devices will be increased in further version updates.
Compatible GPS/GNSS Bluetooth GPS/GNSS - Hemisphere A325 - Dual XGPS160 - RS232 based GPS/GNSS with Bluetooth serial adapters like RN240 / RN270 series of Microchip. Supports SPP(Serial Port Profile) connection.
u-blox's GPS/GNSS (5 to 8 series) with USB interface - Navisys GR-8013 series - Others - Change parameters of GPS/GNSS via 'u-center' of u-blox is needed.
FTDI's chip based USB to RS232 converter and GPS/GNSS with RS232 interface - RATOC REX-USB60 series and others - You can connect several GPS/GNSSs via these converters.
Prolific's and Silicon Labs' chip based USB to RS232 converter and GPS/GNSS - BU-353S4 SiRFstarIV - HOLUX M-215+
TCP port connection with RTKGPS+ - TCP port number can be changed.
2) Mountable Devices It is possible to mount your device to tractors and other vehicles using a RAM mount or similar product.
3) Cables (USB Cable, Power) Connector cable for consumer smartphones and tablets (USB-OTG cable). USB extension cable for GPS. In-vehicle USB power.